After a miraculous
healing, in 1853 a chapel was built on Eichkögl in Eastern
Styria, followed by the Klein Mariazell pilgrimage church in 1890.
Since 1991 a small treasure chamber has been housed here with exhibits
documenting the history of and pilgrimage to the mercy altar of
Klein Mariazell. A wide range of votive pictures, the oldest among
them dating back to 1857, testify that "Maria came to our aid!".
Votive offerings and devotional pictures, chalices and devotional
objects, host holders and a mobile confessional tell the story of
this place of pilgrimage.
How to get to our museum